Tuesday, May 18, 2010

R.I.P. R.J.D.

Ronnie James Dio died this Sunday. This bummed Mr. Morlock out deeply. A little bit of Rainbow and Sabbath therapy helped. Listening to a Dio record is a bit like being fifteen again, sniffing glue and playing Dungeons and Dragons.



From our good friend Pat Smillie ("The Monster Mash" at DEATHSCRIBE 2009): "I refuse to believe that Dio died of cancer. He was eaten by a dragon."

True that. Lot's of unreported dragon attacks out there. And truly, that's the only way to kill the Dark Elf.



So raise a warm can of stolen Stroh's to the man on the silver mountain. The heavy metal firmament has lost one its brightest stars. Now there is only Halford and Dickensen.

"I'm a wheel, I'm a wheel, I can roll, I can feel
You can't stop me turning
I'm the sun, I'm the sun, I can move, I can run,
But you'll never stop me burning"

"Come down with fire, Lift my spirit higher
Someone's screaming my name
Come and make me holy again"

No comments: