Monday, December 7, 2009

John Carpenters CHRISTINE turns 26

On this day, 26 years ago, there was a match seemingly made in horror heaven, as the man responsible Halloween and The Thing, teamed up with the twisted mind behind The Shining and Carrie, to bring you...

John Carpenters CHRISTINE.



Despite critical and box office success, Carpenter would later claim that he directed the film because it was the only thing offered to him at the time. Regardless, it ranks up there as one of my favorite 80's love-to-hate movies. When I originally saw it in the theater, I hated it with all the passion a 15 year-old could muster. At the time I was all about the previous year's offerings, with previously mentioned The Thing leading the pack, and Creepshow hot on it's heels. However, in the years since I have developed great affection for that supernaturally malevolent blood red and white 1958 Plymouth Fury.

No comments: