Tuesday, June 14, 2011

You Don't Need a Pulse to Live



To be clear, I'm not a scientist. Or a magician. But I *think* I know scientific magic when I see it. Or, rather, hear its hum...

What I don't understand, and can't get from NPR's article, is what happens to the pumps when the body dies. Like I said, not a scientist. Do they need to be removed from the corpse? If they're controlling the blood flow but the brain is controlling body function, do they keep pumping after the brain tells the rest of the body to give it a rest? Can blood flow through the veins of a pulseless, brainwaveless body?

I guess what I'm asking is, has science made zombies real? And if so... is Dick Cheney a zombie?

Cool.

1 comment:

Alyrenee said...

Cheney id most certainly a zombie...but what is more significant is that him being a zombie does not make him any cooler..