Thursday, June 9, 2011

Wolfman hit by Gamma Radiation?!?

So, word on the street, or at least on MovieHole is the there is YET ANOTHER remake in the works for Universal's Wolfman. Apparently what began as a sequel to the Benicio del Toro flick is being reworked into a new story altogether. This just reminds me of the whole Hulk thing when they remade/retold/re-imagined the film only a few years apart from each other.

*steps up onto soap-box*

Personally, I'm not a huge fan of remakes, and it bugs me to no end that in the US at least, Hollywood, with all it's $$$, can barely come up with anything original these days and that a good portion of the movie-going public just kinda eats it all up. Don't get me wrong, I'm just as big of a consumer whore & impulse shopper as the next person -- you throw enough eye-candy in a flick and i'll be one of the first in line -- but sometimes a girl has got to have standards ;)

*steps down from soap-box*

So what is your take on this possible remake? Were you a fan of the Benicio del Toro version?

1 comment:

Charlie said...

I haven't seen it, but I have heard both good and bad about it. Looks cool, but is that enough? If I saw it, it would be to see Emily Blunt, not the hairy guy.