Friday, June 5, 2009

Sigh...True Blood...

True Blood is starting up again and I am woefully lacking in HBO. I really enjoyed season one, which is now out on dvd and way more affordable than previous HBO series. The show is based on the Sookie Stackhouse books by Charlaine Harris. I have read them all and love them. They are great fun reads filled with just the right amount of humor, sex, suspense, and blood to make for a decadent beach book. The show is a wonderful adaptation of the stories. A few characters and plot points are incredibly different but the essentials are there and nothing that the show has changed has turned me off. Beware that this is HBO at it's bare-assed raunchiest ...don't watch it with your kids in the room unless you want to encourage a preference for S&M werewolf sex. I'm just saying...this stuff would make Al Swearingen blush.

Charlaine Harris will be signing her newest book at the local Borders in Oakbrook Terrace as well on July 13: Reading and Signing 7PM CDT - Oak Brook, IL
Borders Book and Music, 1500 16th St., Suite D, 60523!

So If ya have HBO...watch it, and invite me over too...

No comments: