Friday, August 28, 2009

Rob Zombie to remake THE BLOB (say it ain't so)



I haven't seen the new HALLOWEEN sequel yet, but this is not the news I was hoping to hear from Zombie's camp. I know he's a big monster movie fan, but considering what he did with, er, TO John Carpenter's classic and considering we already had a perfectly respectable BLOB remake in 1988 courtesy of Chuck Russell...

Rob, you were supposed to be the horror genre's dark knight in shining armor. but thus far, you've done an "homage" to the 70s grindhouse flicks, a sequel to that homage, a violently divisive remake of one of the most influential horror films of all time and now a sequel to that remake. Another remake? Really? Really?

Read more at http://weblogs.variety.com/bfdealmemo/2009/08/zombie-remakes-the-blob-.html

1 comment:

Jude W. Mire said...

I agree, the 1988 Blob is totally sufficient as a remake. THIS is what worries me the most. "the great thing is, I have the freedom once again to take it in any crazy direction I want to."

Uhm, Rob, if you want to take something into a crazy direction, how about writing your own damn movie?! I mean, seriously? What's the point of doing a remake if the thing your most excited about is how much you can change it? Just make your own movie. Call it "The Blech!"