Thursday, July 14, 2011

I know what you watched this summer: The Reeds

Caught this on Syfy Channel the other day.  I was expecting the usual cheeseball animal/monster genetic mashup, what I got was something surprisingly spooky.  Granted my expectations were WAY WAY low but I enjoyed the film.  No boobs flying about, characters seem real and the actors can actually act!  Shock!  Though you feel like you have seen a version of this story before, it still has some really creepy moments, decent gore, festive accents, and tickles that water/boat fear nerve that I have.  All that with a dash of Children of the Corn nature as enemy thing.  Let me know what you thought...

1 comment:

cgeye said...

If somebody ever kept track of when the Syph played a decent no-name horror film, I'd be a happy poppet....